Thursday, June 23, 2005

Untitled poetry

i take my pen in hand right now and somehow try to describe
how i feel inside my heart and in my soul tonight.
she's not what i thought i wanted - in fact, she's opposite
of what i said i really liked when i wrote my mental list.
i see her every now and then, ya know, from time to time
and every time she looks at me, i keep wishing she were mine.
i'm not sure just what it was that made her catch my eye
but i hope that we can be together and never say goodbye.
it's not just her real good looks or her shiny long black hair -
there's something inside that i can't describe that makes her the girl in my prayers.
as i think about the true person she is i see why i like her so much
its the her love for the Lord and the life that she lives that makes a guy like me blush
cause i know where i stand on account of my life and i've got a whole lot to change
before a girl like her will ever look at me and see anything of gain
so i try to make change and break the bad habits that give me the life that i live
with this goal in mind: that i can look in her eyes and show that i have something to give.
but until that time happens, i'm still all alone with my prayers and the choices i make
i'm making myself into something worth wanting so that maybe i'll be with her someday.

13 Comments:

Blogger yoshi said...

well, thanx. i occasionally get moments of inspiration.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger julio said...

yeah thats pritty good. i sure can relate to it.

Friday, June 24, 2005 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

now i just hope somehow she will read this. yeah right. who am i kidding?

Friday, June 24, 2005 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

i highly doubt it, and i am trying to think resonably about this thing. but thanx for the encouraging words.

Friday, June 24, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Harmless said...

Is this the Joe that I know?!?

Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger turza said...

believe it or not Mr. H-less, once in a while Joe can surprise us all with a romantic thought or poetry.
Well, I am so happy for you that this is not just a pretty face, but she is a Godly person who'll make you want to be like God! That's awesome, I can only pray that I will be that good of a testimony in the future to someone else! God bless her!!!!!

Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger yoshi said...

now i just wait and pray.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want somebody to think and write that about me...that is about the sweetest thing that I have read in a long time. wow im so impressed!!

Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Nata said...

dude, that's awesome! I mean... wow! this is what the ideal guy should be thinking his whole life!I'll help you put music to it if you won't!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats just awesome!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger COURTNEY said...

Okay. I'm turning green with envy. I want someone to say that about me... wow. Joe- you are incredible. (Don't let it go to your head...) If you ever need someone to tell a particular girl that- just let me know. :)

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

thanx, but i don't think i have the intestinal fortitude to tell her, and if someone is going to tell her, i think it should be me. if i cant ask her, well, sucks to be me.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

i gotta meet her. youve mentioned her a couple times now,,

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home