Thursday, April 28, 2005

An ode to mac and cheese

i wrote this last night while i was laying on my bed listening to my cd player. suddenly i thought of man and cheese. so i decided to write a beautiful ode since i couldn't sleep. and when i got done, i read it to my self. it was so beautiful that it put me to sleep with wonderful dreams flashing through my brain. hope it's not too cheesy for anyone - ha ha ha. ok, that was really lame. shutting up ... now. here it is.


MAC AND CHEESE
mac and cheese: it gives me glee
i love its taste between my teeth
it looks so nice and juicy gold
it warms me up when i am cold
i like to load it high on the plate
and sometimes pretend its pieces of eight
it is a treasure now don't you see
that's why they call it 'mac and cheese'
made with milk of cows and butter too
with lots of pasta that turns to goo
and the best of all is that queso-ish stuff
oh that great mac and cheese: i just can't get enough
if i were a king over all of the land
i would order it served on trays fine and grand
i'd command that my cook would cook it in pots
whoose enormous size would guarantee lots
and everyone who had a taste for mac and cheese
could move to my palace and eat it with me.

the end.

15 Comments:

Blogger julio said...

i like mac and cheese, especially the three cheese one with shells.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

or the kind with the anamaniacs as the macaroni. those are the best!

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"suddenly i thought of man and cheese"

I liked your typo there... haha.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, the last time I attempted at mac and cheese (which was actually cheep-O meijer noodles and nasty dry cheese) i completely didn't follow the recipe and they turned out gross!!!

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. I'm with Adrienne, now I'll always think of this when I eat mac and cheese.~

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

hey, whats wrong with a guy fantasizing in bed about mac and cheese, huh?

Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did we say there was something wrong with it? lol~

Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

i would hope that one of you would speak up and say theres something wrong with it!!!

Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna be nice...

Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

come on, jared! whats wrong with a harmless dreamy thought of warm cheesy gooey stuff when he gets hungry and is too lazy to get out of bed?

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

im sorry, nothing. nothing is wrong with that. i woulda thought somehow it got warpped,, nevermind,,, youre right,, nothing wrong..

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:09:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

wow, its late, im sitting here in my pj's, and im cravine slimy, salty, runny three cheese, mac and cheese (with shells)

Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

see? it really does happen! mac and cheese should steal the white castle motto "what you crave".

Friday, May 06, 2005 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger julio said...

but mac and cheese is so fussy. you have to make it just right, cook the noodles for the right amount of time, add enough milk, stir all the cheese in without ripping the noodles to shreads. it takes either a skilled chef or my mommy to make it right.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

mommy counts as a skilled chef. she's been cooking your meals for 17 years. you be nice to your mommy and don't forget that she too is a chef.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home