Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i must say, i was quite disappointed......

recently there has been a small hubub about my good friend andy having a girlfriend. which i must say i am excedingly pleased for him, and i think she is probly one of the nicest girls around if she has caught andy' eye.
however, some things have been said that need not be said. and as i think about it, other things have been said about other guys. and so i am going to use the power of the pen (via internet pen, of course) to confront this issu. because frankly, i has made me quite upset. and not only me, but other guys as well.
for starters, i would like to wonder out loud just what is with some of the girls i know, mainly regarding their sheer hypocrasy. when they see a guy being nice to a pretty girl, many times they say "well its just cause she's pretty". in some cases that might be. but they autoatically assume this. however, when a guy is a jerk to a girl who is not pretty, they attribute it to how she looks, not what kind of a guy he is. this also is wrong.
yet so many times we see the girls do the exact same thing. if a new guy is at school, he is swarmed becuase the girls want the attention. but if a guy tries to reach out to a new girl, hes just trying to be cool and show off.
you girls don't make any sense.
for the sake of illustration, i am going to use andy as an example since he has already been publicly mocked and the like by certain girls.
andy (for those of your who were too bigoted and two-faced to actually get to know him) is a great guy. he is one of few guys who will treat a lady like a lady, not matter how pretty she is or how ugly she is. (i won't go into the specifactions of the diff between a lady and a girl, cause some of you be too discouraged). he is not proud. he is funny and goofy when the occasion calls for it. and he can be quite serious and down-to-earth when needed. he is very inteligent. he is athletic. he can be a very strong spiritual leader. he knows when to say something and when to be quiet (something a few people who commented about him could learn a bit about) and he's a great guy to room with when you're in d.c. he knows when a joke is funny and when its not. he knows when something is going too far. and he knows his own limitations.
so what i wanna know is why are you girls so hard on him? what is the real reason you treat him like crap? would any one care to tell me? because frankly i am very upset about the way you have slighted him and how you ignored him the whole time he was at faith. and some of you have some appologizing to do the next time you see him. there are a few girls who actually befriended him, and i'd like to thank meg and adrienne for that. you 2 were very nice to him. as for others of you...i won't put your names on here but you know who you are. and if i made you mad by this, i don't really care. you need to hear this:

stop being 2-faced back-stabbing girls and start treating people with some respect. maybe if you reserve some judgement on these guys, you might actually find a friend here or there.

and one more thing....

about there really being a god because andy found a girlfriend, the same thing could be very well said of you...but wait, you don't have a boyfriend, do you? so instead of bashing him, why not hold your tongue and work on improving yourself? if would help your chances out a lot more than just making fun of a guy who is actually worth dating.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all you mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 22:37-39

I don't care who the person is or what they look like or what they have done, we must love them, and love them like Jesus would. How all this wouldn't even be an issue.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sage said...

I absoulutely second joe's post. That makes me sick...

Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you 3 guys are completely standing up for Andy, he couldn't ask for better friends. I don't know all the details about anything that was said against Andy, but it still makes me sad. The one time I was lucky enough to hang-out with Andy I could see everything you described in your post. The few times I talked to him after were just as insightfull and enjoyble. Andy is one of the rare guys like you said. It's depressing that more people, especially those who had the chance, couldn't realize it~

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger turza said...

i agree with most of what you said. I often run my mouth with out thinking.
read my post

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

Im backing joe on this 110%. I dont know what the purpose is of bashing people like that. i got upset about an incident yesterday where there was a lul in the conversation and they just decided to bring up a guy they didnt like and start making fun of him. honestly i dont care if you dont like someone. there are plenty of people i dont like. but i fail to realise how you'd even want to bring that person up to talk about if you didnt like him at all. find new things to do. but to just start making fun of someone is a pritty uncreative form of conversation. and to those people whom i adressed, i was fairly shot, but i dont think i was out of line by anything i said.

and the same goes for me. i know ive been guilty about talking about people behind thier backs just to make me look better. if you guys see me doing that, slap me across the face and tell me not too.

and another thing,, im not saying this for one single persons beifit. i think this is something that everyone should take into account.

andy, if youre reading this, honestly i hope you arent, im sorry to have made you a focal point on this topic. i know for a fact youve never held any grudges or have lost any sleep over any of this. just know that this isnt all about you and how youve been treated. it goes beyond only you. sorry for the attention.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger turza said...

watch the pedastal you've put people on. we're all humans, we all gossip behind others backs (girls most especially, its wrong, but there isnt a single girl who isnt guilty as charged less than once a week)

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger julio said...

right. we're just saying its something we've been noticing and are bothered by it more than we have been so were asking people to be aware.

and id ask people too, to view this as a charge to fix a problem rather than an attack on any person/s

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

I hope you guys realize that I and all other girls do something that can seem really strange to you guys and granted a lot of times it goes far beyond what it should, but girls make observations. That's the starting point of this whole argument I think. I mean personally I'll tell my mom, my dad, my second cousin, whoever random observations that I have about a person passing by. Maybe a friend, but its not a judgement but rather a slight detail that struck me as funny or noticable.

I think guys do this too, but why do girls get bashed for it? We notice that guy that is always acted better than us and condescends to our level, or that one that is sure that we just love to have his attention focused on us, and we share how that is really quite annoying and how we avoid stuff like that(you know advice & such)so stop bashing on us, 'cause I know guys wonder about similar things. It goes too far, yes and that's something that we can work on, but we can all grow, right?

One more thing I happened to realize that Tirz is right you're putting Andy on a pedastal that he shouldn't be on. He's had grudges against people that honestly were unfounded and didn't think too much about how stupid the grudges were. I mean come on. . . I could very well have grudges of my own, but I realize that all instances and events aren't always the way that I may see them.

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger turza said...

Also, joe i recall a time not so long ago when you bashed TO ME about meg. Dude shes like my best friend! it kinda cracks me up.

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Joe, in all reality you're one of my favorite people (I don't know why, I thought I had better judgement j/k) you can amke me laugh so much and you're a great guy, but what you said about Rebecca was uncalled for. She doesn't need someone to make her worthy to be listened to. . good grief we're all happy for him, but were a little surprised after all, he himself said that there were a lot of girls and all. The next thing that we know he has a girlfriend (to me that looks like God's working in his life obviously)

She doesn't have a boyfriend is that a problem? If I didn't would that make me less of a person? We all need work and, thank God for progressive santification we'll get better as long as we realize our need for growth we're on our way

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

I don't care if you bash on me I'm sure I'm pretty annoying sometimes (or all the time w/e) doesn't bother me!

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

*make me laugh a lot*
*weren't a lot of girls * sorry I've got a bad time of spelling today!

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger turza said...

Meg i love you, you crack me up! Dang when she's on a roll she's ON A ROLL.

i swear we all do this just b/c we can and cuz we're bored, its just too fun

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

I think its equal among the sexes, the difference is just men and women bash differently and show it differently... booyah

Saturday, August 19, 2006 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ummm...I'd think I'd like to clarify---
What I said about Andy getting a girlfriend was a JOKE. (I tend to do that frequently) That's the way our relationship worked. And I don't know why people think that I was bashing him--he was one of my bros. good friends, and he, jared, james and I had many a conversation in history class. I even let him touch my hair! :)
Way to go on getting a girlfriend Andy! And if people have problems with me--the correct way to deal with them would be privately, logically, without being needlessly hurtful, and without completely disregarding my side of the story or basing your opinion off what you've "heard." I know I'm not completely innocent when it comes to this whole "bashing" thing in ANOTHER situation--but I was confronted by several friends, and have recently striven to do what's right. '
Any questions?

Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home